Reginald P. Smithers III Reginald P. Smithers III is offline

Default Florida seniors

Reginald P. Smithers III wrote:
Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 22:04:59 -0700, Tim wrote:

Outside of all the arguing, I thought the joke was pretty funny!

I wonder if Chuck thinks it was mean spirited?

Probably.

I didn't think it was mean spirited, but I didn't find them funny. Humor
is so subjective. I actually think I am funny, but then again I LOVED
"The Far Side" and "Calvin and Hobbs" so there is no accounting for taste..

The only thing less funny than a bad joke, is the definition of humor:

Humour or humor (see spelling differences) is the ability or quality of
people, objects, or situations to evoke feelings of amusement in other
people. The term encompasses a form of entertainment or human
communication which evokes such feelings, or which makes people laugh or
feel happy. The origin of the term derives from the humoral medicine of
the ancient Greeks, which stated that a mix of fluids known as humours
(Greek: ?????, chymos, literally: juice or sap, metaphorically: flavour)
controlled human health and emotion.

A sense of humour is the ability to experience humour, a quality which
all people share, although the extent to which an individual will
personally find something humorous depends on a host of absolute and
relative variables, including geographical location, culture, maturity,
level of education, and context. For example, young children (of any
background) may possibly favour slapstick, such as Punch and Judy puppet
shows or cartoons e.g. Tom and Jerry. Satire may rely more on
understanding the target of the humour, and thus tends to appeal to more
mature audiences.[citation needed] Non-satirical humor can be
specifically termed "recreational drollery".[1][2]

from Wikipedia