Lloyd Sumpter

Default More Battery Questions

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 19:07:58 +0000, bruce wrote:

I have a Maxum 2400 that has an unusual battery set up. I have 2 starting
batts on a 1-2-both-off switch, and then there are 2 deep cycle batts
connected to a power inverter in the cabin. I have learned that this is a
"poor mans gen set" set up. All batts were new last year, but now the 2
deep cycles are dead, showing 12.5 volts. What i cant figure out is how
they were to be recharged in the first place. They are connected in series
to each other with NO other connections to the engine/charger area.

(Others have answered the charging question...)

One little point: are these 12V batteries connected in series? One common
setup is two "golf-cart" batteries, which are 6V, which are connected in
series to give 12V total. (that's what I have for the house battery in Far
Cove)

Lloyd