posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Daysailor's Portable Stove -- JetBoil

"Bart" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Sep 23, 9:39 pm, wrote:
A thermos flask is very handy but it does not take the place of a
stove on a small cruising vessel.

"Capt. JG" wrote:
A daysailor needs a stove?

Some do.

If it's a "daysailor" that is likely to be sailed for long hours, in
chilly weather, and/or for more hours and/or with more crew than a
Thermos is likely to take care of.

Please note I said "small cruising vessel."

One factor to bear in mind is that you can warm up the cabin/cuddy
with a small stove, and warm up your hands with it... not something
you can do with a Thermos.... especially an empty one....

DSK

I had an interesting charter today. It was a gorgeous
young girl with an older guy. Pretty soon his camera
came out and he started taking pictures of the
little hottie. She got into it, and I can't blame her.
It was sunny, light winds and perfect for peeling down.
Before long, off came the bikini top, and a half an hour
later off came the thong. I wish I had a few copies of
those pics. She looked like Penelope Cruz.

Later I was asked to run a boat from 6-9pm. I
didn't have my little stove. I'd given my first one to my
Uncle who is driving cross country and ordered
another. I sure wish I had it today. I could have used
it this evening when I started to run out of steam on
another job that I didn't think started until Wednesday.

So for unexpected events, water, some soup mix and
a JetBoil are an unbeatable combo. A Thermos would
have done me no good because it would have been
empty!

I always make sure to bring my cell phone, which has a 2mg camera and video.
You never know. :-)

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com