posted to alt.sailing.asa
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Daysailor's Portable Stove -- JetBoil

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 18:52:22 -0700, wrote:

Besides, those hand-warmers don't work.

I have some that work fine... I forget the brand.. you bend a small piece of
metal in a liquid gel, and they get hot. You boil them to reset them.

The ones I know about either burn the crap out of you for 2 minutes
and then get cold, or they only get luke warm in the first place.

http://www.amazon.com/Large-Platinum.../dp/B000CGG5EC

Zippo handwarmers were common years ago, and I had one. They came in
and were kept in a felt pouch, because the metal was a bit too hot.
If I spent enough time outdoors, and my hands got cold, it's what I
would use.
When your hands get cold it usually indicates a core temp or
circulation problem. When I worked outdoors, dressing correctly kept
my hands warm. The handwarmer turned out to be a novelty, and I
only used it a couple times.

--Vic