posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Daysailor's Portable Stove -- JetBoil

wrote in message
ps.com...
"Capt. JG" wrote:
All true, but I'm not a big fan of open flames on a small, tippy boat.

Wimp.
What about open flames on a BIG tippy boat?

Heh... I have yet to fire up my Origo
..

.... You
can use reusable hand-warmers and layers to stay warm.

And if you're still freakin' cold?

Besides, those hand-warmers don't work.

I have some that work fine... I forget the brand.. you bend a small piece of
metal in a liquid gel, and they get hot. You boil them to reset them.

You can have multiple
thermos.

You can, as long as you remember what's in each one. And they still
cool off in a few hours or run out. Not a replacement for a proper
stove.

We're talkin labelling...

You can have energy bars.

Those things are fattening.

Fat is good when you're trying to stay warm!

My last choice would be something I can
knock over that's on fire. :-)

Mine too. That's why I said "a small cruising boat should have a
proper stove."

I have cruised with a fixed wick-type alcohol stove, and a swing-mount
camp style stove. Both can be good and can't be replaced *for
cruising* ....or unintentionally extended daysails in poor conditions
IMHO... by power bars, skier's hand-warmers, or a thermos. Although
any of the latter would be better than nothing.

DSK

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com