Rosalie B. Rosalie B. is offline

Default powered eggs

Larry wrote:

"KLC Lewis" wrote in
news:S6adnTskTuRKiWrbnZ2dnUVZ_oaonZ2d@centurytel. net:

Old Navy girl,

Oops...Sorry Karin!

U guys sound like Daniel Gallery's books.

There were a few food screwups on our ship. One time they ordered 200
CANS of Yoo-Hoo chocolate drink for the little gedunk. Somebody musta
checked the wrong box and we got 200 CASES, instead. Gedunk was selling
YooHoos for a nickel to try to make some space for the guy who ordered it
to sleep.

Our captain, a 4-striper about to make RADM, had a love for the taste of
Motta Geloti Italian ice cream when we were in Naples on my first Med
cruise. It's really RICH stuff! Did we need so MANY huge cans?!

I ran the ship's TV antenna system, back in the 60's before taped
programs. The channels were whatever the huge Winegard dual-bay blue
monsters on top of the king post, up about as high as the Cooper River
Bridges, could pick up. Two big distribution amps fed all the
shops/spaces with TVs and, of course, FM radio you also couldn't pick up
inside the steel beast below decks. My crowning glory was a restored
Navy R-390A MF/HF receiver I built from junk for our mess decks. Even
halfway across the Atlantic, our mess decks had BBC or VoA or Radio
Netherlands (who had the best rock music on shortwave). Extra speakers
kept my good friends in the various galley shops...pie shop,
etc.....entertained. On my keyring were keys to the pie shop, ice cream
reefer, milk reefer, etc., in case I got hungry. That R-390A was a fine
project with great benefits! We didn't drink mere feedwater off the
evaps in our shop. There was a whole box of milk always cooling in the
massive air conditioner ductwork of the calibration laboratory if you got
thirsty. Much better than feedwater, especially if you poured some
Hershey's Chocolate Syrup out of the big gallon can under the
oscilloscope bench into your glass, first.

Cal techs aboard 'Glades never passed the physical tests. But, when it
was broken, the best technicians seemed to be the fattest, so not much
was said to us...(c;

Larry