No Name

Default Is a bell required?

wrote in message
ups.com...
Your bell must be EXACTLY the right pitch too. If it is just a little
off, you get massive fines. HOWEVER, if you send the bell and $500,
we will test the bell and tell you if it is ok.

Hey, I've got a better deal! Since the bell isn't required just send
me $500 and I'll tell you it is ok. That saves you postage!

-- Tom.

It is a very good question.
Especially, with today's navigational equipment available to the pleasure
boaters
in Canada, for pleasure craft greater than 39 feet and not greater than 65
feet in length.
A sound signalling device is require.
As for the specifications of this device see the Canadian collision
regulation:
http://www.tc.gc.ca/acts-regulations...ml#ANNEX%20III

--Denis