posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy katy is offline

Default Daysailor's Portable Stove -- JetBoil

Frank Boettcher wrote:
On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 18:07:50 -0400, katy
wrote:

Bloody Horvath wrote:

On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 08:20:25 -0400, katy
wrote this crap:

I bought

one of those even though I don't drink coffee.
I can see that it would be nice for those who
have to have coffee to function. I have not
tried that yet on anyone.

Wht not just use a thermos? Lots less hassle....

That's where you should keep your rum. Mixed with the coffee, of
course.

I'm Horvath and I approve of this post.

I prefer Bailey's in my coffee....

We used to sail from Gulfport harbor to the Broadwater Marina, about
six miles in the dead of the winter just to get an Irish coffee at the
bar. Now we could comfortably drive to the Broadwater, but then what
would be the point?

Sounds like a good excuse to go sailing to me...

I back pack with a group and I can tell you that anything that can cut
down the amount of fuel you have to bring on a week long backpacking
trip is going to be a big seller.

Matches and propane BBQ torch....we usaed to make little homemade strno
things in Girl Scouts where you took a tunafish can, rolled up a strip
of currogated cardboard inside to fit so it was a coil and fill with
parafin...I can't remember if we used something for a wick or not..we
used to actually cook on those things!

Frank