Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Three Cheers for Shimano

On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 17:31:45 -0700, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 16:14:45 -0400, HK wrote:

The 251 is the Calcutta 250 for left-handed fisherpeople. It's a sweet
little salt water casting reel, but I believe it is now out of production.

Are you left handed Harry?

That might explain a few things.

I am ambidextrous, but most of my casting reels are lefty's No need to
switch hands after casting. As to the 251, is one of my most used reels.

I'm left-handed, but all my spinning reels are righty. So I change
hands after casting them. My baitcasting reel is a lefty, and that's
the one I use the most, mostly cause I just prefer a baitcaster.
I've used plenty of righty "boat reels" on charters and the cranking
never bothered me except once in a 20 minute fight.
But I think the trouble was in hauling with my weak arm, not the
cranking.
Hmmm, if I move to Florida and need to get a bigger baitcaster, I'll
get a lefty.

--Vic