posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Default ELLago Coffee Co is offical

On Sep 21, 4:14 pm, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:
It's the dawn of the new age of sail.

It's the dawn of stupidity, I'm afraid. Consider the following:

So you're selling it on E-Bay? And it's really great coffee. . .

E-bay and at ellagocoffee.com. What's wrong with a public auction?
How better to reach the masses? Will sell of craigslist as well.

Then ask yourself what's the use of shipping it up to Houston when you
could sit on your boat in Ambergris and Fed Ex it from Ambergris at not
much more cost than from Houston?

Sorry, check out the shipping rates from Belize..10lbs 99 dollars..1
lb 10 dollars and that is from the mainland. Regardless it's is the
manner in which it is shipped Wilbur. Commerce and trade use more fuel
than mfg. If we can reduce the fuel use in trade we can reduce one of
the worlds major sources of oil consumption. Would you rather pay a
large oil burning freighter the major portion of that 9 bucks a
pound.. or a sailor who can get it to market faster?

Doh! Your customers will pay the
freight anyway and I doubt they balk at a little more for shipping.

I can not cure the whole worlds dependence on oil, but I can take a
step towards reducing the dependence in one step in the process. I
hope my model of eco-friendly sustainable transport catches on that
any sailor in the future will have a pollution free sky to see the
star, to which he can helm a great sailing ship towards.

Besides, you can probably avoid the state sales tax issue

altogether and
this would offset the extra shipping.

We will sell it local and ship it.

Check out the Fed Ex or UPS rates and you'll see the folly of your
venture. They can ship it cheaper than you can. I hope this helps.

How do you know what it's going to cost me to ship it on RedCloud?
What if it cost more? Are you not willing to spend an extra dime to
help a fellow sailor and the planet? You may not be Wilbur, but I'm
betting that many will be.

Joe

Wilbur Hubbard- Hide quoted text -