HK HK is offline

Default Three Cheers for Shimano

I have a pair of Shimano 251 baitcasters, and one of them is at least 15
years old. One of the bearings inside is getting noisy. So I sent the
reel off to Shimano in California for a redo. Got an email today...$25
for labor and $20 in parts to fix a lot of worn-out parts and a side
cover with a lovely dent in it.

The 251 is the Calcutta 250 for left-handed fisherpeople. It's a sweet
little salt water casting reel, but I believe it is now out of production.

Anyway, it is nice to know Shimano hasn't deserted this little warhorse
reel of mine.