Peggie Hall

Default Hose off, now Thruhull problem!

Jack Rye wrote:
Peggie, Not to mention Typhoid, Cholera, Viral Hepatitis and a range of
stomach and intestinal diseases. All this and more, from a sink of sewage
can be theirs.

In all fairness,I doubt that there are many carriers of typhoid, cholera
and hepatitis in Lloyd's family...or among the "weekend warrior"
recreational boating population as a whole. But still...

Many times while cruising I have come across stupid people that live aboard
their boats in marinas. Instead of paying the pump out fee. These morons use
a bucket for their excrement. Every day they dump it in a community toilets
and then use community sinks to wash out their buckets. Since I have
witnessed this many times. I am surprised that no one has died from their
blatant stupidity.

Exposure to low levels of anything is how immune systems are developed.
And, enough additional water prob'ly goes down the sinks in any public
facility to flush it out. But still, only really classless slobs would
wash out the buckets in the sinks instead using a hose outside.

Ours has become a "germ" obsessed society...with a lot of encouragement
to do so from the mfrs of "antibacterial" products. Somewhere between
cleaning products that claim to sanitize the kitchen floor and waste
buckets in the sink is a healthy balance.

Peggie, Something to think about. Maybe a new chapter for your book.

Maybe...but not this week.

Peggie
Peggie Hall
Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"