Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default A boat to cross the Atlantic

On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 21:35:10 -0000, wrote:

On Sep 20, 5:29 pm, "Reginald P. Smithers III"
Hello boaters
Just wondering, what should I look for in a power boat that can cross
the Atlantic? In regards to length, engines, speed, make, and so on.

Thanks,

QE2 is a great place to start.

lol, I didn't expect anything but those kind of comments But
seriously, It's kind of a lifelong dream, that might never happen, but
hey I want to start learning. I just bought my first boat so I am
starting to dream.

If you are seriously interested, here is the "must read" bible:

"Voyaging Under Power " by Robert Beebe and James Leishman

Available at:
www.amazon.com

Suitable boats are low powered, very special purpose, and will not
appeal to everyone.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=diesel+duck

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=nordhavn+trawlers

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...rs&btnG=Search