[email protected] brucedpaige@gmail.com is offline

Default Boat papers

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 06:43:23 -0400, Bloody Horvath
wrote:

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 08:09:24 -0700, "Capt. JG"
wrote this crap:

Is it worth it to document your boat with the USCG before leaving the
country, or is a state registration good enough?

The main thing will be that it's easier for foreign officials to recognize
the paperwork as proper.

We don't need no steenking papers.

Just raise the Jolly Roger and go where you want.

I'm Horvath and I approve of this post.

Perhaps a more sensible answer is that in most countries you will need
some form of documentation for your vessel. From what I have seen all
countries, at least in Asia, accept any documentation that says it is
a registration. I have a non-US national registration, a friend has
his boat registered in Delaware, a third friend has a "Singapore
Harbor Registration" and none of us have ever been refused entry to
any Asian country. I did, however, have a harbor master look my
country of registration to see whether that country issued ship
registration.

Bruce in Bangkok
(brucepaigeATgmailDOTcom)