posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising
Molesworth Molesworth is offline

Default 300 watts and only 1.5 knots ~ A Canada revolution

In article ,
wrote:

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 13:02:43 -0500, cavelamb himself
wrote:
It is not appropriate technology for those kind of applications.

No more so than a nuclear powered house.

Maybe (MAYBE!) the Liquid Hydrogen storage would be safer than a
reactor.

Maybe Not...

As I pointed out already, there are two public schools in my state
that are powered by ONSITE fuel cells. Seems to be working just dandy.
Parents send their kids to these schools. Nobody seems to think they
are dangerous except for nervous nellies wearing tin foil beanies.

I sincerely doubt you are qualified to make the blanket statement that
fuel cells are not appropriate technology for "anything". Did you
hear the news? Somebody in Canada is working on adapting the technolgy
to serve as aux power on sailboats. They have a first generation
working model. I'm sure that they will use what they learned to make
the next model even better.

FORD have just broken the 200mph barrier in the USA using fuel cell
technology in a Ford compact (forget which model). It was reported on
the BBC.

--
Molesworth