posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising
RW Salnick RW Salnick is offline

Default 300 watts and only 1.5 knots ~ A Canada revolution

Ernest Scribbler brought forth on stone tablets:
"Wayne.B" wrote

and then there is the
hydrogen generation or storage problem to be solved.

Couple or three years ago, I read an article about a fuel cell powered Duffy
launch with an experimental system that produced hydrogen from seawater as
needed, through some kind of chemical process. I wonder what became of that?

Ran out of fuel? Seriously, if a chemical has to be carried onboard and
is transformed thru some process (perhaps even using seawater) to
produce the hydrogen to be consumed in the fuel cell, then what is that
chemical, other than a fuel? Some examples of such a fuel come to mind:
sodium, potassium, calcium.

As with anything associated with the "hydrogen economy", spend some time
researching how these substances are produced.

bob
s/v Eolian
Seattle