John John is offline

Default How can a single woman go sailing around the world ?

On Sep 18, 11:05 am, "Capt. JG" wrote:
wrote in message

What is the best way for a single middle-aged woman
(who is inexperienced but willing to share the expenses)
to find a position as a crew on a sailboat and go sailing
around the world or at least to the Caribbean, Hawaii, etc ?

TIA
Jackie Sparrow

Keep posting articles like this...

--
"j" ganz

Jackie,

I think you may find someone who will take you as crew . . . maybe
even someone you would want to crew for, but I think the posters here
have a point: that you need to be careful.

As Jimmy Buffet says in his song "Fins", "She's takin' care to look
for sharks. They hang out in the local bars, and they feed right after
dark." and "Just behind the reef are the big white teeth of the sharks
that can swim on the land."

With that said, I admire your courage to seriously consider the
notion, and wish you good voyages.

John