posted to rec.boats.building
Paul Oman Paul Oman is offline

Default Surface Moistures and Epoxy

Beardow T & P wrote:

I am milling 16' lengths of western red cedar into strips for a jollyboat.
This wood is fresh from the forest and is moist to touch.

Can I have some opinions on what the surface moisture shld be before I
epoxy and FG this stuff?

Cheers, T.
--

some epoxies can actually be mixed and applied underwater. Some can be
applied to damp surfaces, others cannot.

The real concern should not be the epoxy but rather the movement of
the wood. Woods expand and contract with moisture, other things,
including epoxy, expand and contract with temperature...

paul oman
progressive epoxy polymers inc
www.epoxyproducts.com