Richard Casady Richard Casady is offline

Default Thrift shop distiller $9

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 10:43:37 -0700, Keith Hughes
wrote:

As for the capturing of engine heat to use for distillation, I just have
a hard time seeing that the engines used by the typical cruiser, as
typically used, would be amenable to that type of modification.

The equipment was on the market at one time[1], although RO may have
killed it off. The idea was to stretch water supply and gain fuel
capacity. As in ocean crossing in powerboats. A sailboat just doesn't
have the fuel burn needed to make a lot of water.

1. I have magazines going back decades. Maybe I can find something.

Casady