[email protected] brucedpaige@gmail.com is offline

Default HR 2550 may make it illegal to wash your deck

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 02:56:08 GMT, Brian Whatcott
wrote:

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 07:31:15 +0700, wrote:

Most rigging would shrink more in Winter (but a few would expand when
chilled, wouldn'tcha know?)

Brian W

Well, if you are designing a high tech racing boat why not use high
tech synthetic rope for rigging. some of it is stronger then stainless
cable and nearly zero stretch.

Bruce in Bangkok
(brucepaigeATgmailDOTcom)

I can visualize various combinations of rig and mast , it's true. But
a zero-stretch line does not always imply a zero thermal coefficient
line, I don't believe.

Regards

Brian W

True, but I suspect that in practice the difference will be negligible
enough that it can be ignored on "normal" boats.

If you are talking all out racing boats then I suspect that some of
them may slack off the rigging at the end of each race regardless of
what material the mast and rigging is.

Bruce in Bangkok
(brucepaigeATgmailDOTcom)