Bouler Bouler is offline

Default green 01 Green Holland from my balcony.JPG (1/1)

"joevan" schreef in bericht
On 17 Sep 2007 00:05:47 GMT, (Bouler)
wrote:

Nice place there mister. Is that a dedicated bike path?

Yes it is now.
In the early days it had the name "jaagpad" meant for horses and even people
to pull ships throug the river when it was impossible to sail.
I cannot find better pictures, but it was hard work for people who could not
buy a horse.
There are a lot of these in The Netherlands, most of them don't exist
anymore, others are made for walking or biking so you still can see the
history.

I found a picture from the Wolga in Russia, same hard labour.
--
Groeten
Bouler (The Netherlands)