Reginald P. Smithers III Reginald P. Smithers III is offline

Default Boat Performance Update

wrote:
On Sep 14, 8:43 am, HK wrote:
Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 07:53:17 -0400, HK wrote:
My guess is that if you had a shadow boat, the same boat as yours,
equipped with a four stroke Yamaha of the same horsepower as yours, and
that boat was operated the same as you ran yours at the same time, the
difference in fuel burn might fill a quart jar. Maybe.
Wanna bet?
Just to make the point, one of my professional collegues has a brand
new 20' Bay Ranger with a 150 Yamaha four stroke and he doesn't even
come close to the performance I get with my 200 HO ETEC. My boat is
seven years older than his and heavier by about 800 pounds to boot as
we have discussed in the past.
I would be glad to email him and ask him to give me his fuel burn
figures if you want. Might be an interesting comparisoin to what you
are getting.
I know they aren't as good as mine. :)
Neener, neener, neener...

According to the performance charts on the engine manufacturers' web
sites, the fuel burn figures for the etec 150 and the yamaha 150 on the
same boat are virtually identical, well within the margins of error.
Published fuel burn figures obtained under similar circumstances are
worth looking at...anecdotal information is...well, anecdotal.- Hide quoted text -

Who you callin' anecdotal there... guy's probably got a three blade
prop and a low transom

The low transom helps to reduce wind drag thus increasing the fuel
efficiency.