posted to rec.boats.building
dadiOH dadiOH is offline

Default Marine Plywood?

Toller wrote:

I have never used polyester, but have heard it doesn't adhear worth
a damn. That is not your experience I take it?

A lot of things - including the 40' ply and fiberglass Newporter
ketch - were made with polyester resin. Does it stick as well as
epoxy? No. But it isn't exactly easy to get off either.

When I had a sizeable sailboat I used it (with fiberglass) on anything
I made of ply - trunk cabin deck, dog house, hatchs, etc. - and never
had any adhesion problem in the 20 years I owned the boat.

Consider the number of cars that have had dings filled with Bondo.
Bondo is polyester resin and talc. Have you seen many chunks of Bondo
along the roadside?

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...