[email protected] brucedpaige@gmail.com is offline

Default HR 2550 may make it illegal to wash your deck

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 21:23:29 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
Willie-boy has a small problem. He confuses his fantasies with facts
and firmly believes that his crack-pot ideas of vital interest.

I had something to say while you just had to say something.

Sorry, but as you can see by my reply to Daffy Dave the Banal Barrister
I read the language as it is written. I give the writer credit for being
able to write what he means and to do so without confusing the issue to
the point where people have to second-guess what he's trying to say.

You and Dave can choose to live in your own sloppy word world but, as
for me, I'd rather be precise.

You like quotes, here's one for you and it'll allow you to understand my
first sentence.

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because
they have
to say something. -- Plato

Wilbur Hubbard in Paradise.

Willie, you have got to learn that what a law says, in many cases, is
only similar to what actually happens. You read a legal document and
you believe that you understand all the words. Then a case goes to
court and surprise, surprise, the court interprets the law to mean
something different from your understanding of it when you read it.

The most common example is the second amendment to the constitution
that states:

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free
state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be
infringed.

To most people that read it, it clearly states that "the right of the
people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed".

Now tell me that you can go out and buy and keep a gun any time and
any way you want. Can't!

Before you understand the court's position on the 2nd amendment you
need to go and read all of the various case law that has resulted from
cases referring to the amendment and then perhaps you'll understand
how the current government and court system will enforce the law.

With a new law not yet ratified you have only the vaguest idea how it
will be interpreted.

Bruce in Bangkok
(brucepaigeATgmailDOTcom)