[email protected] brucedpaige@gmail.com is offline

Default HR 2550 may make it illegal to wash your deck

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 21:46:11 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 21:15:18 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"Sounds like we'd better hope this passes. (If it fails to pass)
Permits would (then) be state(-)run under federal mandate.

Sound like lawyer talk to me.

Yes, I'm trying to talk Dave's language. Pointing out yet another
example of lawyer elitism. They have their own precise language they
think the masses can't understand. They even have Greek phrases to
describe some of their principles. But then they have the nerve to think
it's kewl to interpret what lay people write while criticizing those who
take the writing on it's face value. Can you say elitist snobs?

Wilbur Hubbard

Willie, I'm not a lawyer I do have some 20 years worth of studying
contracts and other documents pertaining to agreements between
companies and the reason that lawyers write the way that they do is
not to confuse, rather it is to be so explicit that there is no
possibility of confusion.

A simple example: You decide you want to buy a barrel of crude oil,
the price is in the newspaper every day, right? Now tell me what a
barrel of oil is? Right off the top of my head I can think of several
different sizes of barrels, 55 gal., 44gal., 200 Ltrs., etc.

So, a Lawyer will set forth in the contract a complete description of
exactly what a "barrel" of crude oil consists of. This, by the way is
not restricted to lawyers as any competent business man will be just
as careful that any agreement means exactly what it says and says only
what it means. To do otherwise would be incompetent.

Bruce in Bangkok
(brucepaigeATgmailDOTcom)