Larry Larry is offline

Default Boat Stereo Questions

wrote in news:r0qje3l6bgesnvtqtmioa5li0av0d97b7f@
4ax.com:

My Sansa works like that. I am running straight W/98 and this shows up
as a USP portable drive when I plug it in. Anything I load out there
plays.

Sansa used to be a no-nonsense ramplug drive, but has knuckled under of
late. My Sansa Express 2GB will PLAY any file WinExplorer loads to it,
directly, but the 2GB memory no longer operates in memory mode, only
music mode so you can't offload it...which I don't like but it's not my
favorite player. I only use it riding motorcycle.

They don't make my player any mo
http://tinyurl.com/24dhse
Mine came with 100GB drive, but, because it's a STANDARD laptop hard
drive, I've swapped it out to a 120GB I got for free from a trashed
laptop whos battery exploded. The Digital Mind Xclef HD-500 is huge by
Ipod standards. It uses a STANDARD Li-Ion battery you can buy from any
place that supplies cellphone batteries and the STANDARD laptop hard
drive, which is VERY rugged, indeed. The included nice leather case
protects it from the scratches and bumps. Mine is old, now, but still
playing great!

It came from an obscure Korean military contractor:
http://www.mclsys.com/index.html
where I can still get firmware upgrades, easily installed over its
STANDARD USB connector....just copy the firmware file to the hard drive
where the bootloader looks for it...just like any computer. No rom
burning necessary to crash.

The Xclef IS a portable 120GB hard drive and will store, use, transport,
copy, delete any kind of file...even from DOS it works....no funny
business.

Larry
--
Did I mention it's HUGE?!...(C;