posted to alt.sailing.asa
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Plague Ship

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 10:52:45 -0700, Joe
wrote:

About two weeks later the boats plaque emerged as 100,000 +
cockroaches. It completly covered the boats decks and interior. We
tossed many bug bombs below, but still the dock was covered, the dock
boxes, cars, water, the creepy *******s were everywhere. Took a week
of spraying to get them undercontrol.

Man that was gross! Thanks for the memorys Bart.

I had some kind of outdoor roach between the sidewalk
and building one summer. They must have got under the tar-like
caulking that had been squeezed between the building and sidewalk, and
built nests under the sidewalk.
The tar stuff was dried and peeling away. They'd only come out at
night and were all over the sidewalk and into the grass. The grass
was getting ate up.
I got some spray in a big pressure can from an exterminator, pulled
all the tar away and started spraying all along in the 40' crack.
Thousand and thousands came pouring out dancing on their back legs
before keeling over. All the neighbor kids were watching from a
distance, and they started screaming out their emotions, mostly stuff
like "Look at all them bugs!! Eeeew gross!."
That was that.
Roaches are dangerous, and caused one of the most painful and
long-lasting injuries of my life.
Came into the basement, flipped on the light, and a roach took off for
shelter under a rolled piece of carpet. I sprinted after it, and
pulled a hamstring. Limped for weeks.

--Vic