posted to alt.sailing.asa
Edgar Edgar is offline

Default Plague Ship

"Joe" wrote in message
ps.com...
ssenger ships.

I once lived a few slips from a Plaque ship, her name was Sea-Mint.
As you may guess she was a cement hull. The owner was walking home
from a bar and was hit by a car. He got up dusted himself off, went
home and died in his sleep.

About two weeks later the boats plaque emerged as 100,000 +
cockroaches. It completly covered the boats decks and interior. We
tossed many bug bombs below, but still the dock was covered, the dock
boxes, cars, water, the creepy *******s were everywhere. Took a week
of spraying to get them undercontrol.

Man that was gross! Thanks for the memorys Bart.

Joe

When I was in the Royal Navy our messroom was infested with the things. You
could come in at night and switch on the light and they would all run like
hell for cover into all the dark places under the seats. I fixed them
permanently by connecting a hose to the low pressure steam main and hosing
all those places well and good. Afterwards I swept up heaps of them and they
never came back.
That is a lot 'greener' way of disposing of them than spraying chemicals to
which they can become immune. I still think that they will outlast the human
race though. They are survivors.