HK HK is offline

Default Boat Performance Update

Eisboch wrote:

Just a side question regarding fuel burn.

The old Whaler I recently purchased has a 25 hp Johnson on it. I *think*
(but am not sure) it's a 1993 engine. It looks very, very similar to the
little Johnson you had on the boat you just sold (Princecraft?).

Anyway, I had forgotten how fuel hungry the old 2 strokes are. 90 percent
of the time I am just putt-putting around the harbor with an occasional and
brief WOT run just to clear the carbs. I have a six gallon fuel tank and
I've already used more fuel in this boat than I have all summer on the GB.
Any idea what the fuel burn rate is with this engine? It *has* to be quite
high, even at trolling speeds.

Eisboch

My memory on this is really foggy, but...

Way back in the 1950s, I had a 13' Wolverine molded ply runabout with a
25 hp evinrude two stroke. Damned fast boat. Anyway, I ran it at only
two speeds...off, as in not running, or WOT. I seem to remember that a
six gallon steel fuel tank would last about an hour and a half. I had
two such tanks in the boat.