HK HK is offline

Default Boat Performance Update

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 21:33:20 -0400, HK wrote:

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 20:58:42 -0400, "Reginald P. Smithers III"
wrote:

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 22:00:48 -0700, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

Would a silver prop perform better?
Of course not.

Black props are Ninja Props - automatically better.
Tom,
Does etec have as nice of a web site as Yamaha?

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outboard...home/home.aspx

I don't think so.

opps, I check them out, they have Yamaha beat in the web site catagory also.

Does etec have black props?

I don't think so .......
I was seriously thinking of buying a 350 Yamaha if I bought the boat I
was thinking about.

Think I'll stick with 200 HO ETEC twins. When Scot and I were out
running around Narraganset Bay today, we burned 9 gallons of gas in
four hours.

And most of that was running time as we took the long way around a
couple of areas. WOT and cruise with about an hour trolling. It ran
four hours straight.

Not bad - 2.40 gph.

Not bad at all. :)

How many hours at WOT? How many hours at "cruise," and at what RPMS?
Nine gallons? Hehehe.

Hehehe all you want Parker Boy...

Unlike you, I have a witness who posts here. :)

HE HE HE!!!

Anything is possible, Tom, depending upon how much time was spent at
WOT, how much at cruise and at what speed, and how much time was spent
at low rpms, but the implication you are giving here is you ran that
engine "mostly" at WOT and cruise for four hours, and burned 2.4 gph.
The laws of thermodynamics must be different up there.