posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising
Bart Bart is offline

Default Don't believe the National Weather Service any more.

On Sep 13, 10:14 am, Martin Baxter wrote:
Bart wrote:

I agree the weather has not been cooperating with the
liberal's science-fraud theories about global warming.

Sadly there were a few people killed by Hurricane Dean.
The estimate were that more than 26 were killed. This
places it as a weak Hurricane in my estimation.

Ah the new Hurricane Strength Scale, Bart0, Bart1,....Bart5.

Hurricane Flora (1963) comes in as Bart5 (7000 or so deaths), dumb
National Weather Service only gave it a 3!

Cheers
Marty

Perhaps I should have chosen my words more carefully
Marty. Dean did not strike a highly populated area.

What is significant is the number of hurricanes, for the
second year in a row was far less, and caused less
damage, [and fewer deaths] than predicted.