joevan[_2_] joevan[_2_] is offline

Default How green is Holland 5

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 20:21:41 +0200, "Willem Van der Voort"
wrote:

"joevan" schreef in bericht
.. .
On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 17:47:58 +0200, "Willem Van der Voort"
wrote:

Isn't all that algae a problem?

For the environment I think it is not that good.

For the boat it is very colorful and you need to do a cleaning job after
passing thru the stuff.

For the rest I had no problem with it, a plastic bag or pieces of synthetic
rope give more problems, thy are floating under the surface, around half a
meter (two feet) deep and get suck in to the propeller.

The green you see on the picture is called KROOS in Dutch (watermeal -
duckweed family).

It is floating on the surface, and it is not algae.

Of course, I think that stuff exists in many other places as well as
Holland. Thanks.