posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bart Bart is offline

Default AeroRig?

On Sep 7, 4:23 pm, Fuzzy Logic wrote:
Interesting rigging that I stumbled across looking at this boat:

http://www.luxist.com/2007/09/05/mona-lisa-yacht/

Can't find much about it except for this:

http://www.yachtprojectsetc.com/AeroRig/index.html

Anyone know more about it?

What do you want to know about the boat? Or is it the
rig that interests you?

I have the full specs on the boat at home on a pdf file. I was
impressed with the boat and if I had money to burn and wanted
to sail the arctic where it was cold as heck and I didn't want to
spent much time on deck, I'd say it would be a good choice for
that application. If I had that kind of money to burn I can
think of many other better choices for boats better suited to
warmer waters and performance sailing.

I take it they still haven't sold it? If you look back a few years
on the newsgroup, I posted a link on the boat and there was
a short discussion of the boat. There was a discussion on
Aero Rigs around that time and also farther back it time.

Search this alt.sailing.asa on

"Aero Rig Expedition Yacht"

"New ligher wishbone design for the Aero-Rig"

It is a two stateroom layout, ocean cruiser, that is
easy to sail and Arctic capable. It is Aluminum. Lux
interior--top shelf. It has a small workshops as I recall.

Also, you might want to be cautious about those dual helm
yachts. I find the helm can get sloppy. I prefer a single
wheel.

Oh and it never was listed at over 2 million. The price
has held constant at just under 2 million since I first
saw the boat for sale some years back. I think it might
have been reduce to 1.7M for a while--I can't remember
the details. In any event, the price is pretty steep for
a boat that size with only two cabins and comfortable
for only two couples.

Regarding the Aero Rig. It is a neat setup for a solo
sailor, or older couple that don't want to kill themselves
wrestling sails around in a conventional rig. The
attributes of the rig were well analyzed in previous
discussions.