Harry Krause

Default Cripes...a "show trial" for Saddam?

Megalodon wrote:

Harry... chill out on the playground zingers, man.

You are right, the Iraqi "court system" is too immature to effectively
handle this, although it is there prerogative to have first crack at him.
The procedures of juris-prudence should, however, never be neglected.

His crimes are mostly against Iraq, not the world. Perhaps the
international arena would quite be the best venue, either.

Saddam's alleged crimes were against Iraqis, Iranians, Israelis,
Kuwaits, Saudis, and, I am sure, others. He is accused of war crimes. He
should be facing an international war crimes trial. No matter the
outcome, there is nothing about Arab or Islamic justice I trust, and I
certainly don't trust our military or the Bush Administration as
overseers of the Iraqis in terms of providing a fair trial.

Saddam deserves a severe penalty, assuming he is found guilty by a
reputable and ocmpetent court. In his case, that means a world court.