Tom Francis Tom Francis is offline

Default Two Parkers

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 09:23:48 -0400, HK wrote:

wrote:
I was fishing on the CT River the other night and saw two 21 footers
just like your boat Harry. One with a big 2 stroke, one a 4. Both
coming in at evening, right after another. They did seem to sit heavy
in the water, moving nicely through the light chop before sunset. They
even had low transoms! Still could give a little "life" to the lines
on the boat, someone should tell Parker that it is ok to look nice
too! Just a couple of inches of um, pride in the bow would look
great, and that square ass, oh well, still look like a good tool for
the sound and beyond, even if it does not photograph well :O

I'm not sure what you mean by giving a "little life" to the lines. The
boats are exactly what they look like...center console fishing boats.
I'll take a couple of photos of the bow for you and maybe you can tell
me what you have in mind, okay? :}

I understand what Scot is saying - we've talked about it several times
in fact while out on my boat.

There are classic boats that have classic lines. Bill Davis designs
some to mind immediately with that Carolina bow flare and sharply
developed tumble home in the stern.

It used to be that you would tell a manufacturer just by the lines of
the hull. The early Mako and Aquasports are good examples of that.
Master Marine with the extremely long forefoot - early '70s Boston
Whaler Outrage which I still say is one of the best designs from
appearance standpoint that has ever come off an architects drawing
board. The early wood Grady Whites were boats with a long tumble home
that worked from the sheer to the stern and you could spot one from a
mile away.

Today, you could strip the ID off of any boat of your boats length,
paint them all the same color and put them side by each and you would
be hard pressed to differentiate one from the other - they all look
the same.

One of the worst designs, in my opinion, is the Grady White - it looks
like a kid drew a boat with crayon - basically a box on a nondescript
hull. Same with Parker pilot house models. No comparison to similar
length boats from Steiger or early Topaz models. Consider the classic
looks of a Uniflite Salty Dog as another example - you don't see boats
like that anymore.