posted to alt.sailing.asa
[email protected] dougking888@yahoo.com is offline

Default Hey Oz- Sailing shutdown in Sydney?

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2007/...067191583.html

OzOne wrote:
I got out of the city for the weekend.
It's unforgivable that out PM has brought this circus into Sydney,
dozens of kilometers of fencing across the whole city to protect them
from us.
a 45 km no fly zone, harbour closed, people not being allowed back
into their homes inside the exclusion zone if they happen to walk out
the door without ID, a guy trying to cross one of Sydney's main
streets with his 3YO son being crash tackled handcuffed and locked up
for 24hrs, train services cancelled because a dignitary may be in the
vicinity of a railway station, traffic chaos!

Yeah, it's ironic that President Bush wants his legacy to be that he
promoted and spread democracy, while insisting on this kind of
imperial shenanigans. It also proves that he (or his closest advisors
& handlers) believe that we are losing the war on terror.... this kind
of BS wasn't considered necessary a few years ago, so if it is
necessary now, that must mean that threat is greater (or they believe
it is).

Elections coming up....this will be the end of John Howard....

I don't know enough to say... I just hope the replacements will be a
little brighter & less puffed-up with their own imperial grandeur.

DSK