posted to alt.sailing
John Weiss John Weiss is offline

Default Questions : Kayaking with Boats present

"Matt Colie" wrote...

I am planning on carrying my .38 special
caliber Revolver with me when I Kayak, so, I'm wondering if gunshots
can be heard by the Boater over his boats noise (?) .

Absolutely NOT!!!

Are saying that the .38 will not be heard or that it is not big enough?

Not big enough. My favorite is a Mossberg 500 Mariner, though it might be
awkward in an inflatable...

I had heard of gun punts, but I was not aware of a surviving example.

This is why all of my handguns are stainless.

S&W 686, S&W 569, M500 Mariner... :-)