posted to alt.sailing
Matt Colie[_2_] Matt Colie[_2_] is offline

Default Questions : Kayaking with Boats present

I Love it.

John Weiss wrote:
"Dave in Lake Villa" wrote...
I am planning on carrying my .38 special
caliber Revolver with me when I Kayak, so, I'm wondering if gunshots
can be heard by the Boater over his boats noise (?) .

Absolutely NOT!!!

John,
Are saying that the .38 will not be heard or that it is not big enough?

What you need is under Paddle Craft, about half way down the left side of this
page -- http://www.tsca.net/Scottish.html -- in a very nice shade of baby blue.
It's also another reason for the head-on collision mitigation method...

I had heard of gun punts, but I was not aware of a surviving example.

Dave,
This is why all of my handguns are stainless.
remember that most of the small boats in use are fiberglass and all the
newer ones have floation. But, if you can get a couple of holes in the
bow, below the rest waterline, the boat won't sink until it stops. This
way, the passengers will not be at little risk but the boat will
probably be out of commission for a significant period.

(Gawd- aren't we mean...)

Matt Colie