[email protected] tsmwebb@gmail.com is offline

Default Thrift shop distiller $9

On Sep 8, 3:40 pm, Larry wrote:
" wrote groups.com:

What am I missing?

... But, in a situation of a private boat with
2 to 5 passengers aboard, I'm convinced they'll produce far more distilled
water than needed from the waste heat of the engines, in powerboats like
trawlers, motor yachts, bubbleboats. ...

I think I see. I suppose this is just a matter of perspective, but we
often get 8-10 gallons of drinking water from the excess amps on the
solar array in a sunny anchorage using R/O. That's a lot of water for
two people who are used to conserving. It would be a good deal less
thrilling to get 0.8 of a gallon even if it was of fantastic quality.
But unlike your example boats we live on a very strict energy budget
when we're cruising.

Just playing devil's advocate, wouldn't it make more sense for the
bubble boat crowd to use their waste heat to R/O a lot of water to
shower, wash dishes, fill the jacuzzi and so on and then distill their
drinking water from the R/Oed water in one of Sear's finest counter
top contraptions plugged into the inverter?

-- Tom.