jamesgangnc jamesgangnc is offline

Default Boat Stereo Questions

You carry an old pc around in your car, yukyuk.

wrote in message
On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 09:15:30 -0700, Chuck Gould
wrote:

4. Any general advice on this subject?

I generally don't listen to anything but digital music these days.
Radio and music on bits of plastic is old technology.
I agree with Harry et al that low resolution MP3s (192 or less) lose a
little but you can get higher resolution "rips". I doubt most people
can hear a problem in a 320 and if you can, just listen to WAV in full
CD quality. Storage is cheap now.
The only real question is which user interface do you like. I
personally like a "jukebox" style where I can select songs with a
numeric pad or just let it run "random". Unfortunately nobody makes a
packaged system like that so I still run DOS based machines with
MPXPLAY in my cars and house.