Chuck Gould Chuck Gould is offline

Default Don't Try This at Home - Spectacular USCG Photos

On Sep 10, 10:25?am, thunder wrote:
On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 09:43:36 -0700, Chuck Gould wrote:
This link will take you to a photo of George C. Scotts's 80-foot Ditmar
Donaldson "trying this at home" back in 1979. Same location. Wave height
was estimated at 20 feet.

http://www.yachtworld.com/capehorn/index.html

For more details, select "About the Photo Above" from the bottom of the
options on the LH margin of the page. (My friend Mike Zarkos owns this
brokerage- but this is purely an invitation to view a photo and you can
do so without wading through a lot of boats for sale).

A little larger view of the same shot:

http://www.mv-dreamer.com/Mojo.htm

I wonder what those people in the smaller boat were thinking.

"How fast can we make that last 40 yards to get behind the
breakwater?!"

or maybe, "Darn! Those were my favorite trousers!"