posted to rec.boats.paddle
donquijote1954 donquijote1954 is offline

Default best way to secure sit-on-tops

On Sep 9, 5:48 pm, "rich" wrote:
I'd imagine that you could cut up an old rubber /plastic garden hose into
pieces and use them as "protectors" between the scupper's plastic and the
cable/chain/rope hanger. Rich

That's a good idea if you don't want to damage the kayak, but I meant
that the diameter of most scupper holes only accomodates an easier to
cut cable. Unless you're lucky enough to own a Hobie Cat with wider
holes for pedal drives that allow a real heavy duty chain with
protector and all, such as I got on my scooter. Such a chain is 100
bucks, but I can rest assured that the boat will always be there.