posted to rec.boats.building
Brian Whatcott Brian Whatcott is offline

Default Why a laminated tiller handle?

On Sun, 09 Sep 2007 09:58:49 GMT, "brian c"
wrote:

when I needed a new tiller someone suggested using a pick axe handle. well
it has worked fine with pickaxe for about three years now.just thought I`d
let you all know
Bri

When my fork and pin tiller gave up the ghost, I laminated in new
hardwood materials to make the tiller a yoke and pin.
I.e. a hole for the rudder post surrounded completely by wood.

A pick axe handle is usually specified to use the toughest wood
available and would be a very suitable basis, I reckon.

Thanks

Brian W