posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob Capt. Rob is offline

Default AeroRig?

On Sep 8, 7:49 pm, Ringmaster wrote:
Been around for 6 years or more. Idea is no tacking of jib and as the
photo shows easy to do wing on wing downwind. I think part of the
sales pitch is also the fact it weathervanes if you want when you stop
the boat.

As usual, being ignorant will never stop Sloco from opening his sewer-
like pie hole.

The Aerorig's main idea is simplicity: One sheet controls both sails
and the slot is optimum all the time. It's free standing. There have
been some horror stories about the design sold via Carbospars. One
boat claimed the rig was badly designed on their boat and was tossed.
The boom/mast axis is considerably massive and not very attractive.
They claim a BIG increase in sailing effeciency and I don't doubt that
this rig will maintain it's power with less hassle, but it's just a
bit odd.

http://pws.prserv.net/c-m/ML-fs/100_0031RGB-web.jpg

We have one boat with this rig in the area and the owner is pretty
happy with it. The hull is a Aluminum one that I've seen before, 42'.

RB
35s5
NY