Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Thrift shop distiller $9

On Sat, 08 Sep 2007 20:48:39 +0000, Larry wrote:

Vic Smith wrote in
:

I'm still interested in Larry's thoughts about
the "bacteria" issues he has seen in RO units. His thoughts on the
cruise boat ailments being related to the watermakers are very
interesting.

I gave up looking for the old article I was looking for to show you after
the third time IE's latest version was hijacked by some self-installing
spyware bull**** the net is eaten alive with. I hate looking at webpages
any more. Someone should HANG FROM THE YARDARM. Sorry....(c;

The free AVG and Zone Alarm have virtually stopped that for me.
I use my C: partition for the OS and program files only, Ghosting it
often.
If I suspect an infection I just restore the image.
Before, when I was manually removing infections, I got a very strong
suspicion that many of the virii are being propagated not by simple
vandals, but by those with financial connections to the various
ant-virus money-making corporations and businesses.
Hanging from the yardarm isn't good enough.
Thanks for the links. I'll look into them.

In the meantime, his stovetop distillers are working well for him, and
use heat in a time-tested and pretty efficient way, with almost direct
application of flame to water.

I don't own a stovetop distiller. Mine are all electric, 1 commercial
and 2 countertop home units. The last one is a countertop Sears sells
from Waterwise in Florida. I paid $9 for it at a thrift shop, hardly
ever used it looks like.

Yeah, I knew that, but forgot. Probably thinking about how I would do
it given natural gas is cheaper than electricity here. But even with
that, your electric units might be more practical here too.

--Vic