Steven Shelikoff

Default Trailer Hitch Questions

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 01:17:20 GMT, "Tony Thomas"
wrote:

Scratches are common. Grease will just make for a mess when you remove it.
Everytime you pull the trailer you will have to clean the ball or get grease
all over you everytime you bump it.

When I was towing long distances, I used grease on the ball. When I
unhitched I'd put a ball cover on to prevent grease from getting on
things if you bump the ball. I've towed a popup camper trailer over
13,000 miles in one trip with no problems, and have towed a hobie cat
all over the east coast with no problems.

Steve