John H. John H. is offline

Default Oh deer!

On Sat, 8 Sep 2007 11:14:47 -0400, "D.Duck" wrote:

"John H." wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 19:08:19 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"John H." wrote in message
On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 17:38:43 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"John H." wrote in message
om...
On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 16:51:59 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"John H." wrote in message
news:2b33e3lt3kbdqa0rm1i7q2nlgqcckbs1r7@4ax .com...
On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 16:20:21 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"John H." wrote in message
newso13e3h766n56tof420chhq3vmd19jvnk3@4 ax.com...
On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 15:53:52 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 11:13:29 -0500, John H.
wrote:

On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 14:50:24 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 10:46:02 -0500, John H.

wrote:

On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 14:02:55 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 13:25:54 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"Short Wave Sportfishing" wrote in
message
news:u382e3ts8i22s7a6hjrvd4abtcu8s ...
On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 00:00:17 -0400,
wrote:

The winner was always an old sargent who took his time and
shot
down
one per round, with a 2" revolver.

I have said for years that the reason is due to 13 round
semi-auto
hand guns.

With a revolver, you only have six - makes you concentrate.

One of my favorite gun technique books suggests taking only 6
rounds
to the
range, no matter what kind of handgun you're shooting. Good
idea.

All my kids were trained that way. In fact, when my youngest
went
the Academy in SC, he noticed that the more bullets they were
issues,
the more the used them.

He took his time, minimum shots and did well.

It's the revolver training.

I have a 9mm Glock, but I never carry it unless I'm in the
woods.
For
just carrying purposes, it's a .357 mag on a .38 frame.

Don't you mean that the other way around? My Highway Patrolman
shoots
.38's
but is a .357 magnum frame (and shoots them!).

Nope - just the way I spake it.

Wouldn't a gun with a frame built for .38's be somewhat unsafe
with
bunch
of .357 mags going through it?

What part of this is so hard to understand?

The gun is a .357 mag built on a .38 frame.

Ruger SP101

Hello? Anybody home?

You god damned people will agrue about anything.

I'm outa here for a while.

Morons.

No argument exists. I was simply asking a question. I looked for
information on the Ruger SP101, but could find nothing saying the
frame
was
built for .38's.

Look at the top strap, Einstein.

Ah, another name-caller!

Enlighten me, please. I am certainly no expert on pistols. What is a
'top
strap'?

Is there one in this photo?

http://tinyurl.com/lw55

Yes, there is. See the black grip with the silver screw holding it on?
That's actually called the top strap.

Those are grip inserts. I've never heard them called 'top straps'. Do
they
have a stamp on them somewhere saying the frame is a .38 caliber
frame?

No. You just have to know these things. One high-tech way of knowing is
read a lot.

Well, here's the site with all the specs and such. Perhaps you could
point
me to where it says the Ruger SP101 pistol is built on a .38 frame. Or,
please point me to anything that says that. I'll admit to not reading a
whole lot about pistols.

Here's a site that gives enough information for people who know something
about pistols.
http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger_SP101.htm

Call your local police station and ask whether it's legal to use google in
your town. That should help you find the information you need.

Actually, I used Google to find the specs I gave you above. I could find
nothing on the site you provided saying anything about the SP101 being a
.38 frame. I did read that it was designed to be a small, strong .357
Magnum.

Help!

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...3/ai_n19313632

The .38 Special was the original chambering when the SP101 was introduced in
1988, and brother shooter Jon had a copy, one of the SPNY models built
expressly for backup, off-duty and detective use to the specifications of
the New York City Police Department.

Way to go! I've looked, but could find nothing.

Good job!