CaptMP

Default bayliner Capri 1999 original floor / carpet gets soaked from rain sometimes

William said:

"I never thought the carpeting in my boat was there to appeal to my
granddaughter............

The cockpit may not have scuppers, but it should drain into the bilge........."

William, From the tone of your reply I guess I offended you, which I didn't
mean to. Sorry. Really.
I was just pointing out that my experience glued in cockpit carpet is a good
beginning point for rot, as it retains moisture. Water draining into the bilge
and standing can also cause moisture related tbl. My current and past boats
have non-skid in the cockpit and self bail so the bilge stays dry.
MY granddaughter just learned to walk, so I my have to throw some carpet down
to cusion her from the non-skid!
Again, sorry if I put you off, have a good weekend!
Mike