Armond Perretta Armond Perretta is offline

Default Books on Sailing?

Capt. JG wrote:

The errors are minor. One omission that I don't understand... not
including how to tie a cleat hitch. The other is the calculation for
anchor scope. They say 7:1 which is correct ...

There is nothing _wrong_ with 7:1, but at the same time there is nothing I
know of that would lead one to label it "correct." Sometimes it's fine,
sometimes too little, sometimes too much.

I am assuming of course good, heavy, quality mooring gear and more than a
merely nominal amount of chain.

--
Good luck and good sailing.
s/v Kerry Deare of Barnegat