JamesE JamesE is offline

Default Carburetor bog past 3/4 throttle

Thanks for the replies. Regarding the statement about the plates not
getting to full throttle, it is definitely getting to full throttle
and the more I advance the throttle the worse the bog gets until it
starts to misfire around full throttle. Also I have already tried
adjusting the mixture screw many times but that isn't helping. I
don't think it is a fuel delivery issue because it is getting plenty
of fuel. I think it is probably getting too much fuel. The other day
I was driving with the engine cover off and the flame arrestor off and
then I had someone go full throttle. The gas was spraying out in
droplets and just spraying all over the place. I don't think that
this is right, so what would cause this? And no matter how fast or
slow I advance the throttle it seems to always bog in the same place.
Also the bog happens all the time, I can't run for any length of time
above 3/4 throttle. Also on the instruction sheet for the rebuilding
kit it gave me the measurement for the accelerator pump but when I
adjusted it like that a piece of the linkage would hit and prevent the
throttle from opening all the way to the throttle stop. So I kind of
just did it by feel and guessed where it should be because that didn't
seem right. So if anyone has any suggestions on why it would be
getting to much gas I would appreciate it. Since this was my first
rebuild I wasn't really expecting it to work, I just wanted to give it
a shot and gain experience. But since I am no expert at carburetors I
think I am going to have it professionally rebuilt that way I can get
some use out of it before the end of the summer. Thanks for the
help. James